28 February 2006

My MacBook Pro!

I just got my new MacBook Pro and it's very nice. I'm upgrading from a 1.25 GHz PowerBook G4 with 512 MB RAM to a 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo MacBook Pro with 512 MB RAM. I need more RAM! I took the plung and even risked using the Migration Assistant and in fact, 1 hour later, I'm mostly up and running! I'm just resyncing my iDisk and iSync stuff, and that just takes time. - The AirPort reception seems much better. From the same spot in house I can see 4 new wireless networks. :) - The AirPort speed seems worse which makes no sense to me. I'll keep an eye on this. - The track pad is wider. About double the original size, which makes the machine look wider, but infact it's only a tad bit wider. - The extra screen realestate is much needed for my dev work. - The mouse button also clicks much better/softer and I like that. The best part is the engraved mirror "MacBook Pro" text in the lower center of the display housing. This used to be just gray paint, and would always ware away. This engraved text should last longer. Well, actually the best part and worst parts are all connected. The power supply for this thing is huge! It's and 85 watt brick and did I mention it's huge? That's the worst part. The best part is the magnetized way it attached to the laptop. The "charging" LED indicator is on both sides and the connector, while rectangular, not round, can work in both right side up, and upside down! Again, Apple sweats the details. All in all I'm a very happy camper. Now, I wonder if I can install Vista... ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah,... and lucky you, I am sure you are playing with an native Office 12 for Mac beta...