02 November 2006

Great Marketing

I recently discovered Dragster, and on their front page the have this 19 second movie that consists of these 6 slides:

This is simply great marketing:

1. As much as I don't enjoy Apple's front page QuickTime movies, this really does catch my attention.

2. In 19 seconds I know exactly what the value this tool provides.

3. I'm introduced to both the name at the beginning and the end.

4. I'm introduced to the dragster icon twice, once in the Dock and the other time as the full logo.

5. The icon looks cool. Something you'd like to have in your dock just to show off.

6. The name is just great! It mixes something very tangible with the Mac gesture of drag and drop.

Great stuff. Maybe there are indie Windows developers this cool, but I just don't see them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

andrew and the ambrosia crew have always been just excellent at making you want to use their stuff.